In recent times we have seen an increase in Façade Alterations to facilitate the changing needs of new occupants as shell and core buildings are fitted out.
Our extensive knowledge of façade construction enables us to approach such works with confidence. We have the ability to source and procure all primary and secondary components necessary to alter a systemised façade fenestration as this project demonstrates.
At ADT FA+CE, Our Facade Project Management approach is to carefully consider all façade risk issues and puts together an overall practical solution to any type of façade alteration. Our knowledge of the cladding supply chain enables us to source every type of outcome.
Façade Risk Management
Altering an existing solution requires careful management of façade risk. Modifying as built facade façade should be compliant to the curtain walling systems test certificate.
The brief in this instance was to provide additional opening casement sashes on different external elevations. A detailed Façade Risk Assessment was required for the following reason:
- The works are located at 10m above a glazed point fixed canopy and in some instances off a composite cladded roof. Working at height presents a unique set of challenges with particular reference to manually altering stick curtain walling.
- The alteration required the removal of existing glass panes size 2.9m by 1.m over a pedestrian street which required the preparation of a detailed façade alteration safety method statement. Different methods were explored but the final solution took recognisance of the tenants operating hours.
- Its preparation requiring active engagement with many participants requiring excellent Façade Project Management in its detail preparation and execution. Method statements occasionally need to be modified and the existence of contingency plans is critical to successful completion.
- Procurement of components correctly requires a detail survey and knowledge of Architectural Façade Engineering to ensure that the end result matches the as-built solution.
- Altering the existing curtain walling in compliance with system requirements and existing test certificates requires knowledge of Façade Construction.