Liberty Corner, Dublin 2, a mixed use development covering an entire city block. Carried out as a design and build project, as specialist façade contractor our task was to bring the different façade fenestrations and construction methods together.
Our works included:
- Design, supply and installation of thermally broken aluminium casement and tilt and turn window and doors to residential apartment block, facing the street and courtyard.
- Design supply and installation of fire rated glazing screens to stairwell areas facing the street.
- Design, supply and installation of retail shop front glazing to ground floor.
- Design, supply and installation of Curtain walling to Dance studios and galleries.
- Design, supply and installation of Reglit glazing to Dance studio.
- Design, supply and installation of heavy duty sliding doors to open air recessed terraces and ground floor platform areas.
- Architectural pressed metal cladding channels.
- Design, supply and installation of Brise-soleil to penthouse and gallery areas.
Large scale urban projects of this scale are challenging to procure requiring us as a specialist façade contractor to have the in-house procurement management structure in place to meet a demanding programme. Success of this particular project was our ability to project manage, in detail, every aspect of this design and build project. Through design collaboration our unique value engineering approach benefited all project members. Our background in architecture complimented by our knowledge of Façade Engineering enabled us to manage technical and commercial risk as the project moved along its cycle.
By agreement, every interface was detailed within one workpackage which helped to accelerate the construction programme. This could only be achieved by our ability to project manage through communication and coordination.